This policy is designed to help you understand how we collect your personal data, why we collect it and what we do with it. It also covers the choices you have, including how to access and update information.
We collect personal information about you when you visit this website or communicate with us via phone, email and social media.
Types of information collected
- Personal details such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and contact information.
- Transaction information including the product you purchase, its price, your payment method and payment details (which are anonymised).
- Your account information such as dates of payments owed and received and other information related to your account.
- Account information such as your username, password, and other identifiers you use to access our website or to buy products.
- Details of your shopping preferences, including favourite products and brands.
- Any information that you provide in your dealings with us.
- Details of your website visits, including the ads you click and device information and location.
- IP address and cookie data.
Personal information could be collected when you:
- Purchase products via our website or over the phone
- Enter one of our competitions or complete one of our surveys
- Submit information when providing feedback
How your information is used
- When we enter into a contract with you we use your personal information to process your orders and payments or to provide you with a refund.
- Where you have provided consent we use email and text communication with you about products, services, offers, promotions and competitions, where you tick a box.
- Where there is a legitimate interest. At times we are required to process your personal data in order to carry out tasks related to our business activities.
- When we are required to comply with our legal obligation, including:
- To identify you when you contact us;
- To verify the accuracy of the data we hold about you;
- To assist HMRC, the police and/or any other regulatory bodies in relation to an investigation by a public authority.
- Where it is in your vital interest. We may need to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices or when we reasonably believe that processing of your personal information will mitigate potential risk to you.
Data that is collected automatically
Some information may be collected automatically when you visit the website. This helps us to make improvements to website content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequencies with which you access the website and the way you use it and interact with its content.
Who we share your information with
- Our service providers, including suppliers, so that they can process your personal information on our behalf. We only provide information which helps them to provide their services to us or their services to you.
- If we are required to through our legal obligation as specified above, to the relevant authorities.
- With fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraudulent claims.
- We may use trusted third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf and may share your personal data with them for the purposes of: processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site, issuing our emails for us and collecting product/customer feedback from you via surveys.
- Third party payment providers who process payments made over the website.
Social media and marketing
On occasions, we will use the information you have provided us with to effectively target our social media marketing. All data will be processed securely and may include supplying your name and email address to digital advertising networks or social media companies such as Facebook, Google and Twitter.
This could include supplying adverts to you or prospective customers with similar characteristics to you.
Information will be encrypted and not available for use by the third parties we are working with to process this data.
If you would rather we didn’t use your data in this way, please contact us at email@example.com.
After opting out you may still receive advertisements in relation to Newquay Holiday Lets. This is because the social media site or advertising network may select you based on information they hold, such as your age and location, or websites you have visited, without using information that has been provided by us.
Keeping data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data against loss, destruction, and any unauthorised access by third parties.
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your data on our systems for up to seven years after you last accessed the website or communicated with Newquay Holiday Lets.
We may keep data for longer than seven years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access: the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where legally permitted to do so, we may reject your request. In such instances, we will tell you the reason why.
- Right to correct: the right to have your data rectified if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your data: to “block” us from using your data or limit the way in which we use it.
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data.
Right to object: the right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Jurisdiction and Complaints
This contract is governed by the law of England and Wales.
Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, or, where the customer lives in Northern Ireland or Scotland in their respective courts.
Complaining to the Data Protection Regulator
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. Please visit the ICO’s website for further details at: https://ico.org.uk.